Dover Youth Hockey Association (DYHA) is looking for a volunteer to lead this year’s Heyliger Tournament at the Dover Rinks on February 21st – 23rd. Details of the position are listed below, and we are looking to fill this position by January 8th.
Dover Youth Hockey Association (DYHA) is looking for a volunteer to lead this year’s Heyliger Tournament at the Dover Rinks on February 21st – 23rd.
Looking for an opportunity to volunteer and make a difference? The Heyliger Hockey Tournament is the major DYHA held tournament of the year with teams coming in from throughout New England. This position lead will build a team of volunteers and lead all organizing functions to create a successful event.
Primary Job Responsibilities
· Responsible for building a team to support the event
· Responsible for working with Director of Hockey Operations on tournament schedule details. Many of the games are cross-ice mite and mini-mite games, so attention to detail and good communication is really important.
· Responsible for working with Director of Hockey Operations and Website Committee Chair to promote and advertise tournament
· Responsible for overall attendee experience (coordinating of medals, information, announcements (can be tasked to one of the volunteers), ice schedule communication and overall being the go to resource for attendees.
· Responsible for leading and assigning all weekend activities (February 21st, 22nd & 23rd )
The unique part of this position is it is a time stamped event. All volunteer time will be leading up to and be completed at the end of the tournament. If you’re looking for an opportunity to give back to the community, this is a great experience. A lot of the pre-work is set up, so the biggest part of this position is taking ownership and assembling a team that will have fun and make this experience for players and parent’s one they will remember.
Apply – Please email DYHA House League Director John Swartzendruber.
Tag(s): Home Wild Mite U8 Wild Squirt Minor ('10) Wild Squirt Major ('09) Wild Midget Select Wild Midget Elite Wild Bantam Major ('05) Wild Bantam Minor ('06) Wild PeeWee Major ('07) Wild PeeWee Minor ('08) Wild Bantam Select (05 & 06) Wild Bantam Select (05 & 06) Wild PeeWee Select 1 (07 & 08) Wild PeeWee Select 2 (07 & 08) Wild Mite Dev House League Mini Mites Mites U14 Green U14 White